Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

I AM MORE THAN A CONQUEROR (Romans 8:37)



I HAVE LITTLE FAMILY OR FRIEND SUPPORT THROUGH THIS BATTLE, BUT I GOT JESUS...

I hear other women tell about the support of their husbands, how they would stick by them, and support and assist them.  But I'm divorced. One women who had just finished chemo, told how her mother would fix her nutritious drinks.  Another told me how her sisters assisted her through it all.

I do have friends, and one friend in particular, who have given me positive help and prayers.  I thank God for them.

I am not feeling sorry for myself, well maybe just a little, but at times I feel like a boxer in the fight of my life. It's not just the cancer that I'm battling, but it's everything that could possibly keep me from being all that I was meant to be, according to God's purposes.

This is where faith comes.  Faith must be exercised.  I must believe in God even when I don't know what He is doing.  I must believe even when I hurt so bad, I don't know how I will go on.

I must trust in His love for me.

Sometimes I'm knocked down. I remember the days after the 2nd and 3rd chemo treatments, when I could barely get up from the bed. I blamed it on the treatments, they said it would make me tired, but I realized that it was really depression. This was hard to admit, because I considered myself a 'strong woman in God', that's what the t-shirt said. But there are times when we do get weak and get knocked down.


Then it would seem that satan was throwing everything, and everybody, at me to keep me down.  This would also remind me that God must have some big plans for me, more than I could ask or imagine, otherwise why would satan be fighting me so hard.  I had forgotten who I was in Christ. I would remember, and would recite positive affirmations (with lots of prayer, praise and reading the Word) -

'I am strong in the Lord and in the Power of His might.' (Ephesians 6:10)
'I am getting all my needs met by Jesus.' (Philippians 4:19)
'I am healed by His stripes (1Peter 2:24)
'I am more than a conqueror (Romans 8:37)
'I am an overcomer by the blood of the Lamb and the word of my testimony.' (Revelation 12:11)
'I am walking by faith and not by sight.'(2Corinthians 5:7)
'I am bringing every thought into captivity.' (2 Corinthians 10:5)
'I am being transformed by the renewing of my mind.' (Romans 12:1-2)
'I am more than a conqueror.' (Romans 8:37)
'I am freee!!!' (John 8:36)
'I am sanctified.' (1 Cor. 6:11)
'I am healed!!!' (1 Peter 2:24)
'I am Victorious !!!' (1 John 5:4)

JESUS HAS ALREADY OVERCOME...
======================================================



No comments:

Post a Comment