Search This Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

HOLDING ON...

 I am getting my strength back, trying to eat right, work out, plus writing.  The plastic surgeon stated that it will be a few more weeks before they will address reconstruction.  That's what I am really looking forward to, to get back some of what was taken from me.

In the meantime, I recently started a new nutritional plan.  My goals are to lose weight and control my diabetes.  Its called Almased.  I have seen diagrams that show how fat sits on the liver and it has the capability to produce hormones.

"The hormone estrogen is created naturally in a woman’s body. Most estrogen is produced in the ovaries, but smaller amounts are produced in the liver, the adrenal glands, the breasts, and fat cells. Once a woman reaches menopause, the ovaries no longer manufacture estrogen.
Estrogen is essential to the development of the female reproductive system. It sustains the menstrual cycle and makes childbearing possible. But it has many non-reproductive functions as well. For example, it helps lower cholesterol, regulate mood, and keep your bones and heart strong. However, some studies suggest that a high lifetime exposure to estrogen may contribute to the growth of breast cancer." http://www.cancercompass.com/learn/cancer-information/breast-cancer/causes/estrogen-and-breast-cancer

Plus my body looks so disproportionate with my large midsection and no breasts.  I started taking this Almased drink a few days ago.  So far I have lost about 2-3 pounds.  But most amazing is that my blood glucose has dropped to almost half.  The doctor had just increased my diabetes medication now I will have to go back and have it adjusted again.

The website states:

The Almased® Figure Plan is your roadmap for a slim body with nutritional advice and delicious healthy recipes. Losing 10 pounds in 14 days is possible with this plan for the dream figure you have always wanted. The plan guides you through the three weight loss stages with Almased®, provides you with a meal plan for every day, and offers delicious, healthy recipes for weight maintenance in the fourth phase, “Life Phase”.

Also, for people with diabetes, they state:

The Almased® Diabetes Figure Plan: 14 days to a healthier life for people with diabetes. Get tips and suggestions on how to support your blood sugar level while losing weight. Also included: Meal plan with healthy recipes.

So I'm holding on, working on my mind, body and spirit...

God will not give up on me, or let me give up on myself. I am hoping in the LORD

No comments:

Post a Comment