Search This Blog

Saturday, April 20, 2013

TRUST GOD...

I had a doctor's visit yesterday in order to get my monthly shot in the butt of  faslodex -

          "FASLODEX is a prescription medicine used to treat hormone receptor-positive
            breast cancer in women who have gone through menopause whose disease has
            spread after treatment with antiestrogen medicine." http://www.faslodex.com/support/recommended-breast-cancer-resources.aspx#isi

Well, I was all excited after the nurse took my weight and confirmed that I have lost 5 pounds, as a direct result of the Almased.  Plus my blood glucose levels have been down for several days.  When I told the doctor, and showed her some of the literature on Almased, she cautioned me to stop taking it.  I was disappointed by her edict.  It was because of the soy in Almased.  She said I was probably feeling so good because I was getting some estrogen.  But I have only been taking it for a few days.  I'm not sure what to do now.  The Almased is also suppose to get rid of fat, which also has an effect on estrogen production.  Trust God or trust the doctor? 

The doctors have already stated that the chemo they gave me before the operation had no effect on the cancer, neither did the chemo after the surgery.  I lost my hair for naught!

I recently learned that the surgeon who conducted the original biopsy, back in 2011, and who told me that every doctor would recommend chemotherapy, has left his practice in Atlanta and moved to Texas.  His nurse who was really supportive after my diagnosis, stated that he is happy where he is.  Strange.

I will pray and keep taking it for another week.  It will probably be gone by then, and I really do not have the finances to keep taking it as they recommend.  It costs $31.00 for two weeks.


TRUST GOD...

3 comments:

  1. #faslodex #breast cancer #African American women

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dr. Wilma,

    I have a quick question for you regarding your blog, but I couldn't find your contact information. Do you think you could send me an email whenever you get a chance?

    Thanks,

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, you can email me at drwilmajohnson@yahoo.com

      Delete