Search This Blog

Friday, March 8, 2013

TESTS, SCANS AND BIOPSIES

I AM GRATEFUL.....

I have had numerous tests, scans and biopsies since I started this battle with breast cancer.  I was diagnosed in January 2011, and since then I have had ct scans, pt scans, bone scans, heart scans, utltra sounds and a brain scan.  Sometimes I think that if you put me in a dark room I would light up like a Christmas tree.  Just this year I have had a colonoscopy, pap smear, ctscan, and another bonescan.   Recently, I had a ultrasound assisted thyroid biopsy.  A few days ago, the oncologist, Dr. Tran, called me at home.  She was very apologetic when she informed me why the biopsy was deemed necessary.  The report was the same as the other test results - no cancer.
...............

I am grateful because I know I am healed, I knew I would be from the beginning.  It is just getting the doctors to accept this that is problematic.  I just want reconstruction surgery and be done.  What is at issue is that, I believe,  since African American women have a low survival rate, with breast cancer, most of my doctors want to make sure that I get the utmost in treatments.

.....

I am trusting that God is still in control, and that these tests, scans and biopsies will not kill me, and they will all be over soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment