Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

EL SHADDAI - ALMIGHTY GOD - THE MANY BREASTED ONE

Well I've had the 'mastectomy', bilateral.  It's done...

A few days after I got home from the hospital, I finally looked in the mirror at the scars, head on.  They say that for the first time don't look in the mirror, but look at the scars by looking down, that way it won't be such a shock.  It was shocking.

I am now completely bald, with no breasts. I don't look like myself.  I don't look like a woman.  What went through my mind at first was that all that I had thought of myself, not only my body image, but who I am is gone.  Gone were my waist length locks. Gone were my full breasts.

For the first time I was really despondent and felt hopeless.

But God.  He reminded me that this was all outside trappings - the hair and boobs. What God has planned for me still stands, my destiny is in His Hands. 

God never changes, and who I am has not changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment